A leading healthcare alliance headquartered in Phoenix, AZ — responsible for managing a civilian healthcare benefits program covering a 16-state region for the U.S. Government — was looking to reduce Oracle licensing costs, maximize system utilization, and rapidly deploy and automate their Oracle Database.
To comply with this healthcare company's unique criteria, it was essential that proposed solutions be able to support active Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability (HA) capabilities, while also maintaining HIPPA compliance. To fulfill these requirements, the healthcare entity was examining infrastructure solutions, including x86 and Oracle Database Appliance (ODA).
Introduced to compete against the proposed x86 and ODA offerings, Vendita MAS on IBM Power Systems™ provided a compelling solution for the healthcare entity's Oracle workloads.
Once implemented, Vendita MAS's software bridged the technology gap and reduced the required knowledge to deploy, provision, and maintain the Oracle Database on AIX® and IBM POWER® — resulting in lower cost, faster deployment, and a more efficient IT environment for the customer.
Architected for real-time DR and HA utilizing Oracle Active Data Guard and Oracle RAC, Vendita MAS and the IBM Power Systems™ solution saved the project over $1,000,000 in Oracle software and resource costs.
Established healthcare organization operating in a 16-state region.
The organization was experiencing an increasing need for better performance from their Oracle Database servers. The growing cost of managing, maintaining, and upgrading these under-performing and inefficiently utilized servers was putting overwhelming stress on the company’s budget and their ability to meet the needs of their customer. A lack of skilled IT resources compounded these problems and resulted in delayed database upgrades, poor system utilization, and unnecessary expenses. The business required a HIPPA compliant-solution that reduced Oracle license cost, maximized system utilization, rapidly deployed and automated Oracle Database, and supported an active disaster recovery and high availability capabilities.
Solution Description: Vendita MAS with IBM POWER®
Identified as a potential Vendita MAS opportunity, Vendita recognized the situation as an ideal scenario to position Vendita MAS with our Partner’s IBM POWER infrastructure. Introduced to optimize deployment, improve performance, increase utilization, and automate routine tasks and management, Vendita MAS with IBM Power Systems provided a compelling solution for the healthcare provider’s Oracle Database workloads. Lacking the in-house Operating System and database expertise, Vendita’s MAS software was able to bridge the technology gap and reduce the required knowledge to deploy, provision, and maintain Oracle Database on the IBM POWER hardware. Architected for real-time DR and High Availability utilizing Oracle Active Data Guard, RAC, IBM Power Systems, and Vendita MAS, the Vendita solution saved the project over $1,000,000 in Oracle software and resource costs.
Vendita MAS Solution Benefits:
- Advanced capabilities and potential of a stable, secure, and resilient platform with the utilization of Vendita MAS in the Oracle Database environment, especially related to optimization, rapid deployment, provisioning, and automation of Oracle Database and Operating System, provided by Vendita MAS.
- Reduced the company’s Oracle software footprint by 33%, saving over $1M.
- Reduced IT resource requirement by 1 FTE.
- Increased time-to-value for the hardware platform by shrinking deployment and provisioning time by over 50%.
- Reduced total overall cost and reliance on specialized resources through the extensive automation and scheduling capabilities available with Vendita MAS.
Why Vendita Was Chosen:
- Offered a complete solution that Vendita designed and delivered, including systems, software, implementation, skills automation, and ongoing cost reduction provided by Vendita MAS, implemented to reduce Oracle Database cost and IT resource dependency.
- Filled the technical proficiency gap with Vendita MAS, allowing increased productivity and extending the capabilities of existing IT employees.
- Provided Technical Sales Implementation services and training.
- Leveraged Vendita’s Oracle expertise and best practices.