A Canada-based food retailer with a network of 1,000 corporate and franchise locations was seeking a way to increase their Oracle Database and hardware performance to create a more cost-efficient IT environment.
In addition to performance and inefficiency issues, the company was looking to rid themselves of their single-vendor dependency and complex maintenance, two features of their current infrastructure setup.
To standardize processes and simplify management, the company was considering ways to automate, as well as appliance-like systems, such as x86-based Oracle Engineered Systems.
Implemented to introduce task and process automation, increase efficiency, and improve performance, Vendita MAS brought advanced capabilities to the client, including easy migration of the customer’s current Oracle Database, system optimization, and rapid deployment.
Once implemented, Vendita’s MAS software lowered the company’s total cost of ownership by 25% through the reduction of Oracle software requirements, maximization of human resource capabilites, and improved utilization of available processor resources — resulting in immediate productivity increases.
Deploying Vendita MAS also allowed the retail company to successfully rid themselves of their single-vendor reliance.
Food retailer encompassing 1,000 corporate and franchise supermarkets that operate under 20+ regional and market-segment banners.
The food retailer’s needs stemmed from a necessary increase in Oracle Database performance and hardware efficiency. Any Oracle Database solution the company implemented also needed to rid them of their existing single-vendor dependency and complex maintenance, as well as increase server efficiency and reduce their recently increasing costs. Any Oracle Database solution the company implemented also needed to rid them of their existing single-vendor dependency and complex maintenance, as well as reduce their recently increasing costs. The inefficient utilization of their single-purpose machine’s excess capacity was a growing concern and resulted in increased costs. The business required process standardization and a simpler way to manage and maintain their system that involved the automation of processes in order to fulfill the ROI and efficiency promised by their current systems.
Solution Description: Vendita MAS with IBM POWER®
The retailer’s PC Banking database currently running on Engineered Systems required seamless migration and increased utilization of available compute resources. Vendita MAS with IBM Power Systems hardware provided a solution for efficient migration, rapid deployment, provisioning, task automation, and ongoing maintenance.
Vendita MAS running on the IBM hardware provided the building block and backbone to increase hardware utilization though Vendita MAS’s dynamic provisioning and compute allocation for specific workload requirements. The level of automation and empowerment provided by MAS to the Database Administrators allowed for immediate productivity increases, as well as cost reduction and resource reallocation of FTEs to innovative and strategic business objectives.
Vendita MAS Solution Benefits:
- Advanced capabilities brought by Vendita MAS and IBM Hardware in the Oracle Database environment, especially related to Vendita’s packaging, optimization, rapid deployment, and automation of Oracle Database, provided by Vendita MA
- Efficient migration of Oracle Database from current Engineered System utilizing Vendita MAS to rapidly deploy, provision, and maintain the company’s Oracle Database.
- Reduced total cost of ownership by 25% through the reduction of software requirements, maximization of human resource capabilities, and improved utilization of available processor resources.
- Eliminated single-vendor reliance.
Why Vendita Was Chosen:
- Offered a complete solution designed and delivered, including systems, software, implementation, skills automation, and ongoing cost reduction provided by Vendita MAS, architected to reduce Oracle Database and IT resource cost.
- Provided Technical Sales Implementation services and training.
- Leveraged Vendita’s Oracle expertise and best practices.